Our founders started the business in 1955 with the ownership of one gasoline service station in New York City and combined real estate ownership, leasing and management with service station operation and petroleum distribution.
We held our initial public offering in 1971 under the name Power Test Corp.
In 1985, we acquired from Texaco the petroleum distribution and marketing assets of Getty Oil Company in the Northeast United States along with the Getty® name and trademark in connection with our real estate and the petroleum marketing business in the United States.
Beginning on January 1, 2001, we elected to be treated as a REIT under federal income tax laws.
In late 2015 and early 2016 we completed a senior leadership transition and announced the recruitment of key employees to increase our management team depth, provide fresh perspectives and expand our in-house capabilities.